- Born in Milan, Italy, in 1979.
- PhD in Bioengineering in June 2008 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Master degree in Biomedical Engineering cum laude in April 2004 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Scientific high school degree in July 1998 (mark 60/60).
AFFILIATIONS and TITLES
- Tenure-track assistant professor (ricercatore di tipo B) since October 2020 at the Department of Management, Information and Production Engineering (DIGIP)
of the University of Bergamo, Dalmine (BG), Italy.
Here, secretary and responsible for the orientation of the Degree Program in Ingegneria per la Salute.
- Research collaborator at the Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technology “E. Magenes” (IMATI) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Milan, Italy.
- Member of the Centre Interuniversitaire de Recherche sur les Reseaux d'Entreprise, la Logistique et le Transport (CIRRELT), Montréal and Quebec City, Canada.
- Member of the Laboratory of Biomechanics for Endovascular Treatments of the Aorta (β-Lab), belonging to Università degli Studi di Pavia, CNR-IMATI and Policlinico San Donato.
- National Scientific Habilitation for the role of Associate Professor (since 2020) of Bioengineering - sector 09/G2 - from the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research;
National Scientific Habilitation for the role of Full (since 2022) and Associate (since 2018) Professor of Operations Research - sector 01/A6 - from the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- On the board of directors of the Milan section of the Associazione Volontari Italiani del Sangue (AVIS) since 2021;
on the board of directors, vice president and founding partner of the association Amici di Casa Nazareth since 2021.
- European Working Group on Operational Research Applied to Health Services (ORAHS);
since 2021 he is also member of the Fab4 group, helping the group management and organization (ORAHS organization).
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS).
- European Society of Biomechanics (ESB) - in some years.
- Associazione Italiana di Ricerca Operativa (AIRO) - in some years.
- Italian National Bioengineering Group (GNB) - in some years.
- Italian Association of Mathematical Engineers (AIM).
PREVIOUS AFFILITATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Researcher from November 2011 to September 2020 at the Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technology “E. Magenes” (IMATI) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Milan, Italy.
- Adjunct professor at the Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, for several courses mainly at the Department of Mathematics.
- Research Fellow at the Department of Mechanics of Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, from January 2011 to November 2011 and from April 2008 to September 2010.
- Collaborator at the MUSP Consortium (Consorzio Macchine Utensili e Sistemi di Produzione), Piacenza, Italy, from October 2010 to January 2011, and collaborator at the Department of Mechanics of Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, in March 2008.
- Ph.D. student from March 2005 to February 2008 at the Bioengineering Department and the Laboratory of Biological Structures Mechanics, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy.
- Compulsory Civil Service in replacement of Military Service from July 2004 to May 2005 at Casa di Nazareth.