- Born in Milan, Italy, in 1979.
- PhD in Bioengineering in June 2008 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Master degree in Biomedical Engineering cum laude in April 2004 at Politecnico di Milano.
- Scientific high school degree in July 1998 (mark 60/60).
AFFILIATIONS and TITLES
- Permanent Researcher (III level) since November 2011 at the Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technology “E. Magenes” (IMATI) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Milan, Italy.
- Adjunct Professor at the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Gestionale, dell'Informazione e della Produzione of Università degli Studi di Bergamo (Dip. Ingegneria Gestionale), Bergamo, Italy.
- Adjunct Professor at the Department of Mathematics of Politecnico di Milano (Dept. Mathematics), Milan, Italy.
- National Scientific Habilitation for the role of Associate Professor of Operations Research (sector 01/A6) by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (since 2018).
- Member of the Centre Interuniversitaire de Recherche sur les Reseaux d'Entreprise, la Logistique et le Transport (CIRRELT), Montréal and Quebec City, Canada.
- Member of the Laboratory of Biomechanics for Endovascular Treatments of the Aorta (β-Lab), belonging to Università degli Studi di Pavia, CNR-IMATI and Policlinico San Donato.
- European Working Group on Operational Research Applied to Health Services (ORAHS).
- European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics (ENBIS).
- European Society of Biomechanics (ESB) - in some years.
- Associazione Italiana di Ricerca Operativa (AIRO) - in some years.
- Italian National Bioengineering Group (GNB) - in some years.
- Italian Association of Mathematical Engineers (AIM).
PREVIOUS AFFILITATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- Research Fellow at the Department of Mechanics of Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, from January 2011 to November 2011 and from April 2008 to September 2010.
- Collaborator at the MUSP Consortium (Consorzio Macchine Utensili e Sistemi di Produzione), Piacenza, Italy, from October 2010 to January 2011.
- Collaborator at the Department of Mechanics of Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, in March 2008.
- Ph.D. student from March 2005 to February 2008 at the Bioengineering Department and the Laboratory of Biological Structures Mechanics, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy.
- Compulsory Civil Service in replacement of Military Service from July 2004 to May 2005 at Casa di Nazareth.